In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Abbot Historical Society

Twin Covered Bridges, Abbot

Contributed by Abbot Historical Society
MMN Item 10719 Item Details
Twin Covered Bridges, Abbot
MMN Item 10719 Zoom

Description

Twin covered bridges span the Piscataquis River in Upper Abbot with the Excelsior Mill in the background. On May 24, 1906, the Excelsior Mill burned, taking one twin bridge with it. The mill and bridge were rebuilt, but both were again destroyed by fire in April of 1917.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.