This hall was built and used by the Mt. Kineo Masonic Lodge until 1889 when it was sold to H.F. Barber for $350.00. In July of 1898 the Juanita Lodge #122, Knights Of Phythias was formed and the members purchased the hall from Mr. Barber, using it as a meeting place and it became commonly known as the K of P Hall. In years since that purchase the downstairs has been used by the Grange, as a classroom, Grand Army of the Republic meeting room. In 1921 the woman formed a Sisterhood of Phythians and they used the hall for meetings and social functions until giving ownership to the Abbot Historical Society in 1998 to be used as a Museum.
View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.